Slideshow

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Work...not fun

So yesterday I went to work. Monday's typically are the worst, because I have lots of meetings. But yesterday was out of control on the meetings. I got to work at about 8:30am. Meeting at 9:00 with the London team...it lasted just over an hour. Meeting at 10:30...it lasted a half hour. Another meeting with the other managers at 11:00am...it ran long and got over at 12:45. So much for grabbing lunch. I had another meeting with a vendor scheduled for 1:00pm, so for lunch I got to wolf down some Sun Chips and a Sprite. The vendor shows up early so I made him wait while I licked the Sun Chip crumbs out of the bag. I then had a meeting at 2:00 with my team...it finishes at 2:30pm. Then I'm trying to work on some legal documentation, and my boss calls another meeting at 3:00pm....it last for an hour. Just in time for another meeting with the Engineering department...which finishes at 4:30pm. At 4:33pm, my boss calls wondering why I haven't sent him the revised legal documents yet...there's a long silent pause on my end of the phone...my boss smartly says "umm...why don't you just work on them tomorrow?"

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are such a hard worker! I am glad I don't work at a place that has meetings. That is unless I want to hold one with my little empolyees!! Look at it this way, you could always be changing diapers all day long!!

cathol said...

Mike, I got your blog address from Ashley, this should be fun to be able to read about life outside of myfamily.com
Holly